Monday 19 July 2010

Bugaboo ABaC Monday

What's an ABaC? Well it stands for Anything But a Card. Every Monday, a DT Member from Bugaboo's 'Catch the Bug' blog uses Bugaboo images to create something different - and today is my turn!

I have created this little Christmas set with the Rudolph images. I love these images (in case you hadn't guessed yet).


It's a little treat box and a notelet book. The box was made using a Lauren Meader template from Papertrey. This is my first attempt at using it. I usually have a quick practice using some cheaper white cardstock but this time I risked it and printed straight onto my final colour scheme! Luckily it all worked out fine. I really like the shape and the way the lid flap tucks away underneath the base. I can see me using this box quite a bit for small gifts. It's quite a good size and easy to put together.


All the cardstock is SU - Old Olive and Real Red - a great Christmas combo. The papers are also SU and match perfectly. The topper on the box was punched using some of my SU punches.


Here are some closer looks at the two projects.


11 comments:

Sylvia Blum said...

so cute and fun! love your set!!!
Sylvia

Elaine ♥ said...

Just gorgeous Paul, what a great set in your own distinguishable style, just fabby hun :)

Elaine x

Nicola said...

Fabulous creations Paul, Rudolph sure is a cutie and your paper is gorgeous.
Nicola -x-

Catherine said...

Gosh I love the box and the notebook ! They are absolutely fab ! I NEED the template, this box looks so neat and like you I like the flap that goes under the box, it's such a great idea ! I knew we would see Rudolph again at some stage ! He is soooooo cool ! Smiles from Catherine

Melissa S. said...

Paul this is so wonderful. I love the box and now I need to go check out that template. The note boo cover is so fun too. Those would make great gifts for all your friends to use for shopping lists and notes. Cool.

Jodie Mackrell said...

what a fun box! Must find time to try one! LOL.

Crafting Queen said...

Fab projects!

sgc said...

Paul--I have yet to purchase one of Lauren's templates, but you may have forced me to change that! This project is so cute!

Sandye

Tanya said...

Love it Paul!!

Rae Anne said...

Those graphich stripes and polka dots are simply EXCELLENTE DEL PRIMO with that image! Great, great project Paul! :D MWAH!

Sue said...

Hi Paul,thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment.I got sidetracked the other day when I came to return the complimnet and saw this box,i went and bought the template and ended up until nearly midnight making 9 boxes for teachers and school friends for my daughter to give out last Thursday.Thanks for the inspiration,I really love your sweet set:)

Sue
xx