So being brave and sharing with you my first go at decorating an MDF shape. I stuck within my comfort zone with choosing how to decorate it as I usedd a Polkadoodles digi kit - Winnie in Wonderland. That way if it all went wrong, I hadn't wasted anything and could just print another (luckily as that is exactly what happened!)
I printed the backing paper and attached to the large heart. I then printed the Queen onto paper, cut her out and used decoupage glue to adhere her to the heart itself. I printed the grey paper and cut out some swirls and glued these down. I then printed a co-ordinating paper onto some thin card, turned it over and printed the back to match so the flowers would be red both sides and cut out and formed the flowers using a Spellbinders die. Some foliage from Sue Wilson dies and a few playing card embellishments from the digi kit finished it all off.
I still need to find a ribbon that I'm happy with so that I can hang it.
I needed a quick and simple card - no FUSS! Out came the Scandinavian dies from Sue Wilson. I liked the smallest die making a patterned aperture to the card but still need to work on my flower making. I haven't quite got the leaves working for me yet!
I wanted to offer a choice for my crafty gathering on Saturday so couldn't resist making another framed gatefold card using Polkadoodles' Winnie in Wonderland kit. I think three choices are enough for now although I am looking at Tweedledum and Tweedledee and thinking I NEED to make something with them!!!
A couple of days ago I shared with you some images of a new card I have tried by using a die to cut an aperture out of a gatefold and then decorated using Polkadoodles' Winnie in Wonderland Digi kit. I was so happy with it that I tried it again using the Mad Hatter image. I have a craft group on Saturday and guess what we will be trying!!!
I have continued my obsession with foliage behind flowers and images!
So the Polkadoodles Challenge is to use the letter F. I recently bought the Winnie in Wonderland set as I liked the Queen of Hearts digi but ended up getting the entire kit! So I have used a new style for me and used my nestabilities in a different way to make a Framed gatefold card! I added a Flower. Also, my new thing at the moment is Foliage thanks to my new Creative Expression dies. I could have gone further and added the Flamingo image from the kit but I managed to hold back!
Well I did warn you yesterday that I was thinking of another colour scheme for the card and here it is. Want to know a secret?
It was supposed to be a brown card base with Kraft mats and layers with the papers but I cut it all out the base the wrong way around. I think it might have been my brain saying that this way would be better...
As I said yesterday, I wasn't happy with the sides. I much prefer this way and using the patterned paper to mask the join. The Kraft poinsettia is so different but I like it!
I'm currently working on version three! Hope you don't get too bored!
A couple of days ago, I went to watch a demo - been so long! I was lucky enough to watch Tracey show us her skills. She made a Christmas card using the Snowflake border die and acetate. Well I don't own that die but wanted to try it out so used my Australia Border die instead! So I made a card blank and had no idea where to go next!
So I added some foliage and a poinsettia and a strip of navy to hide the join as I didn't like it visible. Stuck it down but then realised I didn't like the strip (will think of another way next time!) but by now it was too late...
I carried on and decorated the inside and ended up with a not to Christmassy Christmas card. I do like the acetate look and never really used it much before. I will be again though!!! Already thinking of reworking this slightly and alternating the colour scheme. Must go and work on the next version.
Teaching has kept me busy and crafting had taken a back seat for a LONG time but finally wanting to get back into it. I blame Sue Wilson and her dies. So whilst I have been away, I have created a few items which I will share with you. Looking back on some of the previous ones, the look a bit basic and I see how I am progressing - be kind!
The first card I'm sharing with you is a 21st I made for my cousin. I wanted to try and use the striplet die to create a background using double sided sheet and glitter. I tried and tried and tried and this was the fifth attempt! It kept on coming out wrong and offset. Why is that? Little did I know that the die isn't exactly symmetrical and that the top and bottom segments aren't equal so I must have been flipping the die!!! I didn't have time for fussy flowers (and she isn't into fussy flowers anyway) so I decided to really break the mold and use the Poinsettia dies!!!
Well off I pop as I am working on something right now, keep an eye out for another update soon...
I love the astronaut image from LOTV and was wondering if I should colour his suit in metallic grey or not. I started colouring it in using only Ice Grey shades of Spectrum Noirs and then carried on with the whole image. I think it works!
Click here to check out my door hanger treat holder tutorial. Easy to follow, full instructions with pictures. Go on, have a go! Remember to let me know if you have a go as I'd love to see what you do with it.
Freddo Holder Tutorial
Look here for a tutorial with instructions and picture on how to make a quick and simple treat holder for any occasion. Click on the pic for all the info. Let me know if you use it.